A Memory

       Radhey and Rucha were riding the bike on an empty street in the middle of night. He stopped it in the corner and they got off the bike. There was a bench on the sideways. They sat on it, quietly, looking at sky. No words were exchanged between them, they were just admiring silence instead.
"Is it necessary ? I mean, do you really have to go ? Don't you have any other option ? I wish I could make you stay." Radhey asks Rucha.
"Radhey...we've already talked about it, I've to go.." Rucha replied.
"So this is it ? Is this really our last meeting, our last night together ?"
"Don't start again. You always talk like this."
"Like what ?"
"Why do you only have to focus on the beginnings and endings ? You never pay attention to what happens between the start and the end. You see, that was the best part, but you always miss the beauty of it."
"You're right. That was the best part and now it's gonna be over...."
"So tell me, while a story you're writing comes to an end do you feel the same. No, you feel happy because you know it has reached it's end.... And now you are free to write a new one. It's that simple."
"And if I could write our story, it definitely wouldn't end like this."
    
        Again both of them stayed quite, speechless, Rucha knew that she had failed to convince him. To cheer him up a little, she asked,
"Well, okay. Tell me something, do you remember how we first met."
"Why are you asking that right now ?"
"Just answer, you idiot."
"Let me think. I wanted a poem for my short film and one of my friends suggested your name and gave me your number......."
"And when you called for the first time, I couldn't here a word you said because of poor network.."
Rucha completed his sentence and started laughing.
"So I texted you and you sent me the poem... Just the way I wanted."
" Yeah and I'm still waiting for your short film !" Said Rucha.
"Sorry "
"Don't be sorry ! Forget about that, you go on, so what happened next ?"
"After that, we met couple of times and that's where it all started."
"And this is were it ends."
"This seems like end."
"So how does this feel now? After remembering our whole journey."
"What's your point ?"
"All I am trying to say that, you remember how met and how we are getting separated. But you are forgetting everything what happened between all this. Our time together. Our special moments we've shared. Memories we've made. It's also hard for me to let you go but I've decided that I'll cherish our memories instead of crying.... And I want you to do same."
"But cannot let you go.... I'll be left with nothing."
"It's not just me. Many people come in your life. Some of them stay. Some of them don't. It's difficult but that's what it is. You just have to get on with your life. Meet new people, write new stories.
And do you know what I am going to do ?"
"What ?"
"I'll wait to read the story about 'Us'....'You and Me !"
              They looked in each others eyes. Rucha rested her head on Radhey's shoulder and they looked at the sky, for one last time. Adding that precious moment to 'A memory'



Written by
Suraj_2310

Edited by
Sharvari Kale

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts