Hold My Cigarette.

 

Radhey and Akshay walking out of college gate.

      “I saw her near the library. She was wearing a black hoodie. Damn man! She was looking great!”

        Radhey lost in his thoughts. Not paying attention to Akshay whatsoever, pretending like he didn’t hear anything he is saying. They reach at a tea stall outside college. Chaiwala notices them and places two cuttings and two Gold flakes on the counter. They pick them up and sit on the benche placed outside. Both light the cigarette. Akshay is still talking.

      “I don’t man. Every time I see her I fall in love with her again and again. I just can’t help it.”

       Radhey takes a sip of tea and puts the glass down.

       “Just shut the fuck up! It’s been more than a year and half, I am listening to your shit! I am just fed up! I can’t take it anymore! Just shut up!”

Akshay falls silent.

       “Be a man, gather up some courage, walk up to her and just tell her what you feel. I've had enough of your one sided relationship. You know, what’s the worst thing that will happen? She will break your heart, right? That’s okay, drinks on me then. I will pay for them and listen to your nonsense for hours! Okay!”

       Radhey looks away. Akshay takes a long drag.

       “Hey! You know what? You’re right.”

       “What?”

        Akshay stands up. Radhey stops him.

       “Hey, don’t take it too seriously! I was just not in good state of mind! I didn’t mean it!”

       “I know but sooner or later I have to! Hold my cigarette, I'll be back.”

        Akshay rushes towards the college gate. Radhey stands there looking at him as he goes inside college.

       “What have I done?” Radhey says to himself.

        He sat there, waiting for him.

        After a while Akshay comes back. He has a big smile on his face. He comes and sits next to him. Radhey lights a cigarette and passes to Akshay.

        “Did you talk to her?”

         Akshay nods yes.

         Radhey waits for him to speak.

        “She was standing outside her classroom with her friends. I went up to her. I told her I want speak with her in private. Then we went canteen. I ordered her favourite cold coffee…”

       “You know what, I don’t need the details. Just skip to the end.” Radhey interrupts him.

       “I told her that I like her, might also be "Love"! I asked her, does she feels the same way about me?”

       “Then what did she said ?”

       “She said, No.”

       Radhey puts his hand on Akshay’s shoulder.

       “Are you okay?”

       “Yes.”

       Akshay starts to laugh.

       “Why are you smiling, are you ok.”

       “Surprisingly, Yes.”

       “You should feel sad, frustrated! Did you ever loved her? Because the way you’re reacting I don’t think so!”

       “Yes, I did. More than you can imagine.”

       “Then why are you smiling?”

       “I don’t know. All I know is that, She said, No!”

Akshay continues to laugh.






Edited by

Sanath K


Written By 

Suraj C

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts