Crush Diaries


                                                         Chapter 6


              Things were working out very well between me and rucha. I developed a habit of waking up early, so as to reach morning practicals on time. Akshay and Sumit said that I was behaving in a strange manner, like how I used to be during the 12th boards period. They were worried about me. I know that sounds funny. We are fine with it if our friend bunks lectures and just hangs out with us. But when he starts to attend lectures, something is very wrong.

             One day we were hanging out in our college canteen. Since Rucha was sick, I managed to take some time out for Ak and Sumit. Ak and I were sitting on the table, waiting for Sumit to show up. He was late, as usual. We ordered something to eat. But suddenly Ak started to act weird.

“Hey listen Radhey, we need to talk.” Said Ak, with a serious face.
“Talk, about what? I didn’t get you.” I replied.
“Okay, let me get straight to the point. I think you should propose to Rucha.” Said Akshay.

            When Akshay said we need to “talk” I imagined every possible topic that he would discuss. And that was not on the list, not even at the bottom of it.
“Are you joking?” I asked and I started to laugh. That pissed him off a little bit.
“Why ? Does it sound funny to you?” said Ak.
            I get that, the reaction I gave him was not the one he expected. So I tried to cover up.

“No, not like that. But don’t you think, it’s too early. I mean, I do have a crush on her. Not even like a crush, actually I like her. But we are not there yet. I guess we need to spend a little more time together?” I said.

            Ak gaved me a wicked smile. That was surprising. I have never seen this side of his, like he barely gets in to discussing mode. So I was unaware of it.

“Are you crazy. What do you think, is this a movie or a daily soap? You want to spend some more time with her. And then build a mutual understanding and what else? Trust me dude, that old school understanding theory, that sucks. Understanding is just a derivative to adjustment. And after spending time with her, you will get to know, what she likes, what she hates, how she behaves in private and in public. Then you will match it to yours. Whether or not it matches? Come on, she is not a product, that you need to read its manual first. And then decide either you are going to buy it or not. You like her, that’s what counts. Don’t let her get away. Before it’s too late.” Said Ak.

           I was stunned. After hearing that amount of philosophy. I must say, it comes from a lot of experience. Let’s not get into that story now. We need to finish this one first.

After a little pause, I replied,
“You were right Ak, so what should I do now ?

          The moment I said that, Sumit arrived.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” said Sumit.
“The scene is, Radhey is going to propose to Rucha.” Said Ak.
“Oh, that’s great. So what’s the plan?” said Sumit.
“Well, we don’t have a plan.” I said to sumit.
“Don’t worry, Ak and I will handle it. You just prepare your speech.” Said Sumit.

I felt relief, but wait!
“What, a speech?” I replied.
“Yeah! A ‘speech,’ which is full of compliments and promises. And you just have to add a little poetic touch to it. And there you go!” said Ak.

        The three of us looked at each others faces and started to laugh. But I was kind of nervous.
“But what if she says ‘No’?” I asked.

        They both fell silent. Then Ak smiled and said,

“At least, you will stop dreaming about a life, you are never going to get. . . . .”




Written by
Suraj_2310

Edited by
Vriddhi Shetty


Final Chapter Soon........

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts