An evening at Temple


Like every other day, I went to the temple. I was sitting on a bench. After some time, an old man came to me and asked "Can I sit here ?" I replied, "yes sure." He was quiet, but after some time, started talking with me.
"Can I ask you something ?" He said!
"Well, do I know you ?" I replied.
"No !" Said the old man.
" Never mind, who cares." I Replied.
"I see you everyday. You come here often. Sit on this bench and after few hours you leave. But you never step inside the temple. I never saw you praying to god for anything ? Why you do this ? Is there any reason ?" The old man asked me several questions. I was surprised to see, someone noticing my presence. Asking about my point of view. I started replying  to his questions.
" I like this place. It's quiet. There is a calm atmosphere all over here. No one disturbs you. I love to sit here and enjoy some peaceful hours. I feel relaxed. And about not going inside the temple. Well, I don't like the fact that god controls everything. He has written our destiny and everything is going to happen like what he has decided. Then for what he sent us here. Just to see film of my life and his script. Then what's the use of our thinking ability. All this is a big illusion and the illustrator  is sitting inside the temple. That's why I never go inside. There's no point to praying to him. I hate him."
We both stayed quiet for some time, and then....he said,
"You know what, when god send us to earth. He gave us a diary. A diary with all pages blank. He gave us the full freedom to write our own story. It was on you, what you want to write in it. People blame god, if they fail to write their story. If it doesn't  go well they can't handle the blame on themselves. So they put it on him, and pray to him for a second chance. But there is no second chance. Every chance is the first. They are fools. I am not saying believe in god. But rather than leaving it to misleading set of acts, call it a destiny, Written by an author named god. But it is just a draft. Final story is always going to be your responsibility."
" Alright, I get your point. But what if I don't know where is this story taking me. There will be some situations, where I don't know what I want to do. All This is a mess and this mess is created by him." I said.
"listen kid, on everyturn of our life god sends his messenger's to us. It's our misconception that we know things coincidentally. No, god sends you the knowledge via his messengers. But not more than you deserve. But more than you seak for. You just need to look for it. The messenger could be anything, a person, an incident, any symbol." Said the old man.
" so are you saying that, you are a messenger of god ?" I asked.
"if its gonna help you then, 'why not', yes. Rather than blaming on god. Go out their. Do your best what you have got. Make your story better. At least it should sound good to you."
Again we two fall silent. The old man leaved without exchanging any words.
I sat there thinking, " how many messenger's i have met ? If the pages are blank then I am wasting my time sitting here. Let's turn it to story which is worth reading, worth telling and most of all worth living. After all its my story......




Edited by
Onkar Mahajan


Written by
Suraj_2310

Comments

  1. 💝💝💝
    Its just wow suraj...💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so nice suraj!!! Really worth it..somehow i get my answers from ur story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aditi. I am grateful it helped you some how.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts