Crush Diaries

 chapter 2 

          


           It was early morning, my phone began to ring. I had no wish to pick it up. I knew it was akshay, who was calling me. Akshay always used to call me at 9, just to tell me to attend the lectures. Even though akshay knew very well that I would never pick his call at such an early hour but he always made a point to call me.
This time it was different, akshay had already called me 4-5 times. I woke up and began to search my phone in an angry manner, throwing away everything that came in my way. At last, I found my phone it was under the bed. In fit of rage I answered the call, “What? You know I am not going to sit for the lecture. Let me sleep in peace.” I yelled. “Are you finished with your shouting or should I wait for more?” asked akshay. “Okay! What is it that you want to tell me?”  I said in a lower voice. “Do you remember the girl whom you were staring?” said akshay. ‘Rucha’ the name popped in my head, I was finally awake. “Yes! What about her? Did you see her anywhere?” I asked in a hurried manner. “Wow! Slow down there Romeo, if I remember correctly it was you who was saying, there was nothing and I exaggerating to sumit. Now why such sudden interest?” said akshay. “You fucking piece of shit! Are you going to tell me or not, should I just end the call and go back to sleep?” I yelled again. “Alright, calm down. I’ll tell don’t start crying.” said akshay. “Fine then, speak!” I commanded. “Well she is standing in front of me.” said akshay. “WTF! Where are you? I am coming there right now.” I yelled. “Calm down radhey. I am near the physics lab, come as soon as possible. I’ll be waiting.” informed akshay. “I’ll be there in 15 minutes, so wait for me and keep an eye on her.” I said and ended the call.
I began to freshen up. It took nearly six to seven minutes for me to get ready. I took my wallet and my bike’s key and began running towards the door. Rushing down the stairs, I jumped on my bike and drove towards my college
         I was stuck in traffic. I felt the world was against me and was stopping me from reaching the college in time. Thoughts began to spawn in my head, which increased my anger. I felt everyone was out today just to stop me from reaching my destination in time. I sped my bike and cussed anyone who came in my way.
Finally, I reached the college gate and then parked my bike in the parking. I glanced over my phone just to check the time. I realized I was late. I ran towards the physics lab. As soon as I was there I began my search for akshay. I called akshay and heard a phone ring behind me.
I turned around. I was relieved to see akshay and surprised by seeing sumit standing besides akshay. Before I could say anything, they both gave a wicked smile to me.
“Radhey, what are you doing in the college that to this early?” asked akshay. “Yesterday someone was telling us akshay that there was nothing and we were being childish.” said sumit looking towards akshay. They both began to laugh and started teasing me.
I realised they were toying with me. My face fell flat and my eyes were still searching for rucha. I gave a disappointed look to akshay and sumit. “Come on! Don’t make that face. You look like a lost puppy and it does not suit you.” said sumit. “Fuck you!” I yelled. “Hey! We were just messing with you. Calm down! I promise we will find her.” said sumit. Those words brought a sigh of relief for me. “Okay!” I said. “Now let’s go to the canteen and lets have a breakfast.” said akshay.

All of my disappointment faded away as we began to walk. I realized that I was blessed with friends who would always be there for me no matter what.  


Suraj_2310
Edited by - Rahul Murudi 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts