Crush Diaries

                                        chapter 5


While we were walking towards the canteen, I was busy talking to rucha. Sneha did not utter a single word while we were chatting.
“Where do you live in Pune?” I asked. “I live in nigdi with my uncle and aunt.” she answered. “So for how long have you been in pune” I asked as I was trying to drag the conversation. “After I completed my 12th my father advised me to complete my further education in pune so I guess after 12th   I moved to pune.” said rucha.
We reached the canteen I was thankful because I was running out of questions. Akshay and sumit were waiting for us. They were surprised to see me and rucha together, heading towards them.
Sneha introduced rucha to them. While rucha was talking to them, I was busy observing her beautiful face, her expressions. Akshay and sumit noticed me staring at rucha while they were talking to her.
After a while sneha and rucha left to attend the lecture. Meanwhile, we  decided not to attend the lecture.
“What the fuck were you doing?” asked akshay. “Now what did I do?” I cried. “I saw the way you were looking at rucha. Don’t try to deny it.” said ak. “Yeah! Akshay you are right, the way he was staring at her, I bet he has already imagined a life with her, their wedding, their honeymoon, names of their children.” said sumit. “Where do you guys even get such crazy ideas? I was not even thinking that far?” I said.
“So you were thinking about something. All I want to tell you is that you don’t know her, you don’t even know if she has a boyfriend. So, don’t be in a hurry just play slow.” said akshay.
“Yeah, I know, I am playing it slow rather I am not playing at all.” I said. They were right, I must consider the possibility that rucha might not like me or she might have someone in her life. I could not hide my disappointment, my face fell.
“Radhey! Don’t worry akshay is not trying to scare you. He is just looking out for you and just wants you to be happy. We cannot see you getting hurt.” said sumit.
“Yes, I know you guys are looking out for me. I am thankful for that.” I said with a smile. “Don’t get so formal with us rather buy us something to eat.” Said akshay. “Fine lets go.” I said.
They were right, I had already experienced such heartbreak once. It was disastrous and at that time akshay and sumit were the ones who had pulled me out from the mess. I did not want to repeat that again. 
Since that day I hardly met rucha. She was quite studious she sat for every lecture and even the extra lecture. I spent most of my time in the canteen with akshay and sumit.
In the hopes of seeing rucha I decided to sit for the maths lecture. It was an hour long, I knew it will be tiresome and boring. So I called akshay and sumit in the hopes that they would attend the lecture with me. They gave me the silliest reason they could come up with. The simple thought of attending the maths lecture alone gave me the shivers. The only good thing about the lecture was I would get to meet rucha.
Just to get a glimpse of her I gathered all of my courage and drove to the college. I was standing near the classroom thinking about the time the teacher threw me out of the class because he had caught me sleeping. Since then I never sat for maths lecture. I took a deep breath and went inside the class room.
As soon as I entered the class my eyes began to search for rucha. She was not present. I cursed myself for making such stupid decision. The teacher had not yet arrived and everyone was busy talking to each other.  I sat next to sneha with a heavy heart.
“Is this a dream? Why are you even here?” asked sneha with a surprise look on her face. “No, this is not a dream and I guess I’ll leave as it seems you are not happy with me being here.” I said as I stood up to leave before the teacher could arrive. “Come on, don’t get so angry. I was just making fun of you.” said sneha.
“Fine.” I said as I sat next to her. My eyes were still looking for rucha and as my eyes fell on the doors, I decided to run out of the class before the teacher arrived. I got up and began walking towards the door. I could hear sneha calling me, as I marched towards the door I saw rucha through the window.
She was walking towards the classroom. I panicked and sat on the nearest bench. She arrived and as soon as she saw me she waved at me and I waved back. She walked towards me, “Radhey, What a surprise! What are you doing here today?” she asked. “I woke up early and decided to sit for the lecture instead of wasting my time at home” I said. “Good” she said as she sat next to me.
“What about sumit and akshay? Are they coming?” she asked. “No, I guess they are busy sleeping” I said. “Well I hope they will also start attending lectures.” said rucha. Before I could say anything the teacher had arrived, everyone stood up and wished the teacher.
I spent the entire lecture just looking at rucha and thinking about her. I didn’t even realize when the lecture ended. I guess time flies when you are busy admiring something you like. It was the first time that I ever sat for all the lectures just for the sake of one girl.
I had pretty lengthy conversations with rucha that day. I could see our friendship blooming. I was happy and my feelings for rucha grew even stronger. 

Comments

Popular Posts