Crush Diaries

                                                Chapter 1 



Like any other day I was hanging out with my friends on our spot. It was an old bench outside our classroom’s building, where we hung out when we missed our classes. In our free time we used to gather over there and talk amongst each other or would tease each other by any girl who would pass from there. It was a silly and foolish act that we would do. Don’t judge me so quickly, I rarely partook in such foolish activities because personally I never liked it. Still it was not that bad because we always made sure that none of us ever crossed any limits. Although not being interested I used to stick around, for my friends, like a hair on soap.

One day, while we were hanging out my phone rang. It was sumit so I answered the call. I asked him, “Hey! Where the hell are you?”. “Sorry! I was stuck in the traffic and then a cop caught me. Bloody asshole! was not letting me go. I am on my way now. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” he said. “Alright, come quickly.” I said.

I ended the call as I turned around. “Oh, shit!” I said to myself as I froze seeing those eyes. She came out of the humanitarian building. I had never seen her before in my college. Our eyes met and we had a long and a good look at each other. We couldn’t take our eyes off each other. A girl came behind her who seemed like her friend and yelled, “Rucha! Hurry up! , we are running late. ”

“Ah! What a beautiful name, suits her.” I thought to myself. She left with her friend, with a blank expression as if nothing had happened. I had puzzled look on my face, trying to grasp what had happened or was it a dream.

While I was standing there lost in my thoughts, someone pat me on my back. It was my friend akshay. “What?” I asked him. “Do you like her?” he asked, with a smile on his face. “Like who? You mean her? Are you crazy?  Just because we stared at each other, forget it.” I said, with frightful look on my face.

He knew that I was lying to him. No matter how hard I tried to hide anything from him, he would eventually figure it out as we knew each other for a long time and we were able to read each other’s mind like an open book.

Before I could say anything, I saw sumit who had just arrived and was walking towards us in a hurry. “Sorry! I know I am late. So, what were you guys talking about.” he asked. “ Our friend, 'radhey' here has found a crush.” said akshay.

“Are you serious?” asked sumit, with a surprised look. “No! Akshay is just exaggerating. I just exchanged a few stares with a girl. Nothing else.” I replied, as I gave an angry look at akshay. “Relax, if there is nothing to it then why are you so pissed. Forget him, tell me do you like that girl?” asked sumit.

“Ah! Come on! Now, you are also starting with this charade. You guys are childish.” I replied. “Sorry,” said akshay and sumit together. “Alright, next time don’t behave like that.” I said. Sumit smacked me on my head and said, “You fucker! You really thought we were apologizing to you.”

“Fuck you!” I said as I pushed sumit back. “Okay! Stop it you two. This will go on for the whole day. We should go everyone is waiting for us at the main gate.” said akshay, as he pulled us apart. We started walking towards the gate.

Akshay and sumit were right, I spent the whole day thinking about ‘Rucha!’ and how could I find her and talk to her. I knew it would be difficult without akshay and sumit’s help.

Suraj_2310
Edited by - Rahul Murudi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts