Aftermath

          

         Accidents happen! It doesn’t have to be a big bike crash or a car crash, it could be some incident or an unexpected meeting. At any sudden point, your life pulls the brakes and everything just stops for those few seconds, leaving you blank, helpless, surprised! Images fade in front of your eyes, and then comes an aftermath of what really happened!

       I packed all My stuff and headed towards Swargate to catch a bus to Mumbai. My friend Sumit came to drop Me at the station. As the bus started to head out of the city and entered the Express-way, all the thoughts came rushing to My mind. This is it! This is my last day in this city! Four years of my life, One thousand four hundred and sixty days! I can’t describe the feeling! Before leaving, I hardly met anyone, because of the pandemic. No farewell, no sad faces, no promises to keep in touch, nothing! But, it kind of felt nice, because I hate goodbyes.

        When I first came to this city I was confident, actually if I put it right, over confident! Then I got a few friends and met few people who criticized Me and I let them. Sometimes I made mistakes, said some things which may not be appropriate, but sometimes, on behalf of being right I still got criticized. And it ended in Me getting anxiety. Whenever I tried to say something or do something, I used to overthink. This city has a habit of criticizing people! Just hang in there, find good friends who will have your back.

         Compared to bad experiences, I got a lot of good memories! A Memory is as strong as you want it to be. If you see it as your strength it will hold you in the toughest of situations and put a smile on your face. And if you see it as your weakness, then even odds aren't in your favour, it will bring you down. And that is the Aftermath I came up with! 

Edited by 
Sanath K

Written by 
Suraj_2310

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts